Sorry for the delay! Finally it’s here!
Day 30 – Today’s home work: Create a self-love plan of 5 action items for the coming 90 days (July, August, September) The below is my 5 self-love actions with final month, end of Sep updates: (my end of August updates and end of July updates)
(1) Read 3 self-love books (1 book by the end of each month)
3rd book checked - “Self-improvement 101” by John C Maxwell.
Additional book read: “Social Intelligence: The new science of human relationships” by Daniel Goleman.
(2) One statement per day (30 by each month end)
- Sep 1 - It’s better to be well prepared than sorry.
- Sep 2 – There is nothing more important than embracing and standing firmly for certain family values. I am making the changes for a better family life
- Sep 3 – The easiest and fastest way to change the world is to change ourselves.
- Sep 4 – Do not let others to decide or to disturb on how I will live through my day today.
- Sep 5 – Nothing is so urgent in life (don’t have to rush all the time), unless when life itself become urgent (facing life and death situation).
- Sep 6 – Helping others is like having pollen and seeds spreading around, we never know what kind of flowers, fruits or outcomes it will bring. It is not so much about expecting any return, but rather not to underestimate the impacts that we bring on others. (I encourage myself keep on spreading the seeds of surprises!)
- Sep 7 – When I start to focus on how much others do for me, I start to realize how little I do for others.
- Sep 8 – Loving self is an important life long subject; but we often forget to keep it in the daily program.
- Sep 9 - Take 2-3 hours to do something I like regularly, i.e. per week, I feel much more with myself and happy with myself.
- Sep 10 – Self-improvement is meant for ‘self’, not for others.
- Sep 11 – Type of life we are living in is reflected in the types of daily activities we do. (if want to change the type of life, we got to change the activities)
- Sep 12 – “if we don’t change, we don’t grow. If we don’t grow, we are not really living.” by Gail Sheehy
- Sep 13 – Growth is certainly a choice; no one says it is easy, but for sure rewarding!
- Sep 14 – Focus on self-development, not self-fulfillment. (self-development is a bigger goal than self-fulfillment. Self-fulfillment is the by-product benefit of self-development)
- Sep 15 - Anyone appears in our lives for a reason. I may not understand what is the reason right away, but I am willing to explore and learn more from them.
- Sep 16 – Resting is preparing for the next heard work!
- Sep 17 – Finding life purpose calling is not easy (especially we don’t listen to our hearts), but it will come when we start to pay attention.
- Sep 18 – Sometimes what I think it is good for others may not be the case. Always double check with consideration.
- Sep 19 – Within an interaction, how I react enrolls how other responses. (meaning if I want my boss to trust me that I am handling everything well, I need to first show my boss I am handling my boss well)
- Sep 20 – Where I am being myself and expose myself, it does not mean I am weak and vulnerable. I just choose to let others to see the naked me. (don’t have to guess me)
- Sep 21 – He who dares loving, trying and giving is really living!
- Sep 22 – Managing self is easier than managing others; nevertheless, we like to manage others first.
- Sep 23 – “A winner knows how much he still has to learn, even when he is considered an expert by others; a loser wants to be considered as an expert before he has learned enough to know how little he knows.“ by Sydney Harris
- Sep 24 – Live like there is no next month.
- Sep 25 – It’s not ‘time’ that we don’t have, it’s self-discipline.
- Sep 26 – Develop a plan, working toward according to the plan and discipline myself without any excuses.
- Sep 27 – What is life like with a limited life with unfulfilled potentials?
- Sep 28 – No matter how busy or tired I am, I am committed to take at least 1 hour a week conversing with myself (i.e.how I am feeling, how I have been, am I happy, how far am I from my personal goals, how is my life/work balance and so on).
- Sep 29 - Always give self extra credit, support and courage to do things desired.
- Sep 30 – “The greatest enemy of tomorrow’s success is today’s success” by Rick Warren
(3) Two hours of exercise per week (8.5 hours every month) 65% checked – took an hour every week during lunch time to do some fast walking around the block and 30 minutes stretching each night before going to bed. Certainly over the past 90 days, there were still room to improve; and I keep on telling myself to continue going ahead, not to let yesterday’s failure dis-encourages tomorrow’s success!
(4) Two activities per month that I would love to do with myself (2 activities to share each month) Checked! Take a good bath with oil, home made ice tea with candle and music Treat myself with world famous singer concert (Madonna’s concert)!!
(5) Save $100 per month for the thing that I always wanted ($100 more at the end of each month) Checked! Not only I have saved $300, a friend of mine has given me an iPAD as a gift! So wonderful~ it’s like when I start to accumulate wealth, wealth itself multiplies!!! (law of attraction?)